<VV> Australian Gardner - V-8 Corvair racecar

Arlette Pat arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:29:51 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

With respect to the likely asking price of this "1/43 scale Frank Gardner Racing Corvair".

Can I point out that at present One Australian dollar is worth exactly One United States dollar.

Mind you it has not always been this way. At the time that I purchased our Corvair over ebay from Australia. One United States dollar cost me almost a $1.50 Australian! So a Corvair being sold for $10,000 USD in the USA would cost an Australian buyer $15,000 Australian dollars plus shipping and import duty. All up around $21,000, and that's before restoration commences!

Back in the mid 1970s one Australian dollar would buy $1.20 USD. From all accounts the Australian dollar is expected to continue trading high against the US dollar, but who knows what will happen in say 12 months from now.

Australia's economy continues to be very healthy, unemployment very low and this is reflected in the value of the Aussie dollar at present.

It is however very concerning the see the US dollar continue to drop in value. Maybe all my fellow Corvair friends in the USA should be buying Australian dollars as well as a Frank Gardner model Corvair

Regards
Carl L. Kelsen
1965 RHD Corvair Monza convertible
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia