<VV> Fw: Corvair stalling problem

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Oct 20 14:02:59 EDT 2010

That doesn't sound right, the resistor is a wire in the harness.  Try measuring the voltage with the coil disconnected and I'll bet you see about 8 with the key on.

You can tap into the harness at the body connector to get 12 volts and run a wire from there.  I plan on doing the same thing to our '62 with a Pertronix sometime soon.

--Bryan