<VV> PULLING MOTORs my ramblins

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat Oct 30 06:51:54 EDT 2010

I have to agree with Tim on this. I have pulled everything individually on a
Corvair at one time or another. Mostly in my younger days.
Now, I always pull the whole drive train. Lates are no problem especially if
you have replaced the lower control arms with Heim jointed
units. Also this gives you a chance to clean, inspect and repair anything
else you may find. Only once did I forget to disconnect the back up light
switch
and pulled the wires out when the powertrain was lowered. As with Tim I am
usually doing this alone so, I have worked out various ways
to do it. I don't have an official GM Corvair engine jack but, my ATV jack
with a Finch cart does a fine job. I always put a saw slot in the
end of the bell housing bolts so you can remove them from the opposite end
with a screw driver. Us severly experienced (old folk!) find ways to
cope...and my drug of choice, Alleve!

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com