<VV> GM Plant WAS Salesman - Kaczmarek

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Sep 3 09:46:22 EDT 2010

Kind of a different story from the Willow Run plant, home of the Corvair!  Bunch of us drove over to the old plant, now unused but for storage, to celebrate [first day of production or last day of production, can't remember which]  When spotted by the guards we were welcomed in to photo our cars in front of the place and discuss the cars with them.
Ken P

J1M1SH at aol.com wrote:

As afootnote to your Tonawanda story.... Drove  through there last summer,
saw the Tonawanda Powertrain Plant and got off the  highway and found my way
to the gate. I asked the guard if they had tours of the  plant, or a
souviener shop. He said no, and kinda implied I should get lost. I  looked at him
and said the history that has come out of this plant is legendary.  I've
owned a bunch of Built in Tonawanda Big Blocks, and I'd be proud to wear a
Tonawanda Powertrain tee shirt, That's whats wrong with todays chevrolet.  Jim