<VV> "Improved" over stock

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Sep 17 14:57:25 EDT 2010

Allow me a modification.

IN IT'S CURRENT STATE, It's worth nothing to me.

You'd have to replace all the rubber in the suspension to make it really roadworthy, Engine and Trans mounts of that age are NOT to be trusted, Replace NOS U-Joints with greaseable ones,  Seperate the transaxle and replace all seals in the engine and trans, The brake hoses and lines are not to be trusted, the wheel cylinder boots are shot and the pistons likely frozen, the rubber seals in the Brake M/C are gone so replace or rebuild if the bore isn't too pitted,

An awful lot of work to make it driveable.

And, as those 64 owners who bought their cars new with 65 hubcaps on them know, even a car bought new at the dealership may NOT be "STOCK".

Hank