<VV> To Ping or Not to Ping ? - "Premium" vs. "regular" gas

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Sep 19 22:39:26 EDT 2010

Not quite - they changed the pump numbers to the average of the two types of measurement in the 70s (?) which had the effect of lowering the pump numbers somewhat - I seem to recall about 5 points.  So, 90 octane '60s fuel is about 85 today, and today's 93 is more like 98.  Maybe not quite as good as the old Sunoco 220, but pretty good.  Someone who can dig up reference info may post it, but that's the way I recall it.

--Bryan