<VV> Ebay '63 Spyder Vert. (WARNING - Will Robinson)

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Wed Sep 22 16:56:24 EDT 2010

At 09:06 PM 9/21/2010, Taruffi57 at aol.com wrote:
>#220669001429 in Los Angelos is currently bid up to $8,600 &  bids out 9/23
>at 12:04 PDT and has NOT met Reserve.
>
>I just looked at it closely and bidders must not be Corvair  knowledgeable.
>  It is listed as "2,000+" miles on it's odometer and REEKS  with indicators
>of a quickie (wrong color) paint job and MANY red  flags.  I see someone
>getting a lot less than they probably think they are  getting here.   I hope
>you are not the final high  bidder........

Anybody notice it has a '62 dash cluster?   The light/wiper switch
pod is in the wrong place too... is this a genuine Spyder?  Need to
check out that Fisher tag.   Radio bezel's wrong but that's
meaningless, lots of them were wearing the wrong radio bezel after
nearly 50 years and a half-dozen aftermarket radios later.  But the
dash cluster swapped for a year-earlier version?   Why, when
everything else seems pretty decent, with that claimed "2000" miles
figure?  Top is sun-faded where it's been sitting in the sun with the
top down.    2000+ miles likely means 102,000+.

All that being said, it seems in nice shape.   The paint seems well
done and the glass and rubber is nice...  still, it remains a matter
of what it's actually worth to the buyer.

tony..