<VV> Lack of PR, was: Hank, the Book, the Canopy, and the Director

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 23 14:03:42 EDT 2010

I've privately been talking to various members lately and this is what I've
been able to decipher. The whole problem is that CORSA doesn't have a
designated "PR Chairman" position, and particularly someone who would have
free reign in promoting CORSA. If anyone DOES do some  promotion, or even
tries to expedite some efforts in that vein, often times some of the board
officers take a "not invented here" position and get all ticked off about
it. They should be looking in the mirror to see who's dragging their feet
and hindering PR efforts, and who's trying to make some beneficial
contributions to the club. Any effort or idea to promote CORSA should be
pursued, as "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

One CORSA director has made some real efforts in getting museum displays
worked up, been working with Hemmings, and even made efforts to promote
CORSA. But what CORSA needs is for EVERYone to do the same, and for the
directors to enthusiastically ASSIST in that effort, and in a timely
fashion. But in truth, they don't. Instead, they throw cold water on such
efforts and/or sit on their hands and do nothing. And heaven forbid if they
don't like somebody or his idea.

We're all supposed to be on the same team here, people! Stop acting like
rulers of your own little fifedoms. Get over your egos and prejudices, and
stop shooting the messenger. CORSA cannot survive when this kind of
behavior from the board is what happens behind the scenes.

BTW, to date, I have not heard from any board member (other than one,
concerning increasing membership via PR) as to their plans for bringing
CORSA to fiscal solvency, per my previously posted challenge. Maybe they
really DON'T have a plan.....

-Mark (resident lightning rod)