<VV> CARB / PARTS IN GENERAL CLEANING

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Sep 27 10:56:33 EDT 2010

i do use a small (1 gallon ) container of real CARB cleaner (mine happens
to be a berryman's product ) available for about $20.00. NAPA , AUTOZONE
and ADVANCED AUTO , among many others have these available.  i  also use
another gallon can of lacquer thinner  as a rinse tank.  then  i blow them with
higher pressure air to final clean. yes , it is not an approved  way (or
safe!) , but it has worked well for me a long time on the worst looking  carbs
out there.
all of my hardware and other small parts now go in a cheap harbor freight
gem tumbler with good results , even on ugly stuff. then i put a coating of
artists clear (does not seem to yellow much) on them. this includes all the
 small screws and linkage parts from carburetors.
i have a large 6 gallon of parts cleaner , along with a homebrew parts
washer sink that do a lot of my other parts. and then there is the blast
cabinet..ugh!!!, very messy work , but results are showing on a few winning
corvairs out there somewhere.
now on to my own non show corvairs again soon.
regards, tim colson