<VV> Windshield Sealing

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Sat Apr 9 18:16:04 EDT 2011

I too thought by filling up the channel around the front & rear glass would be a good idea to stop rust problems most Corvairs see in this area.

I would say no to tar as it could seem when left in the hot sun, but I have no data on this.

I did do a few using either black or clear caulking, urethane or something of that nature.

Then one day I had to remove the glass from one of these cars, what a pain in the butt. All the sealer also sticks very well to the stainless molding. Some pieces refused to let go, so the chance of bending one was very possible.

Looking at how GM designed the car, if you keep it clean, you shouldn't have any problems

Proper prep of the window channel is the most important thing to concentrate on.

As a side note, if anyone bends a piece of window molding, I have plenty, contact me.

On my own cars now, I do it how GM designed it, leave the channel clear.

Roy in Bayville, 08721