<VV> Insurance

sethracer at aol.com sethracer at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 00:25:12 EDT 2011

If you get caught, you're in for not only trouble but you get
lighted with that SR22 thingy AND its filing expenses AND a
einstatement fee AND you end up paying that uninsured motorist fee
nyway.   I know three different nitwits who had this happen to
hem.   Frankly I'm surprised the commonwealth hasn't made it policy
or drivers to show proof of insurance before they'll give you tags.

tony..

California went to that years ago. When you first register a car, you have to sign that you have insured the car.
>From that time on, the insurance company send the State evidence of insurance, electronically. When they send you
your renewal, it indicates whether they have evidence in hand, or you have to submit it with the money.  So, no insurance,
no renewal.  Also, by the way, the smog tests - on 1976 and newer cars - also has to be submitted electronically, by the
smog station - live - at the time of the test. No Smog, no renewal.  That is the specific reason I have a 1997 Z28 6-speed
Crank-windows hardtop, no T-tops, perfect interior/exterior Camaro sitting in my driveway. Although it runs "okay" something
is causing it to fail smog - miserably.  Taking it in for a "repair" would mean an open-ended $$ commitment. And I am not ready
for that.  Driveway furniture!  ARRG! - Seth