<VV> Un-Insured Insurance

chaz at properproper.com chaz at properproper.com
Tue Apr 19 16:53:29 EDT 2011

"They" walk into the US, somehow get a car, get in it and crash into
you.

No - no one checked them out (and if someone did, they could well be
using my SS #, driving on "my" license, etc.)

No, they didn't pay anyone anything - they just got in the car and
drove.

Many people have suffered property damage (and even died) because of
them.

This insurance is NOT paid for by the uninsured guy - the injured party
(hopefully) paid for, and gets "some" compensation from their own
"uninsured motorist" insurance.

In VA, do you ahve to pay insurance on your unregistered Corvair
"driveway furniture" as "property" ?

Maybe they want it to be insured just in case you feel like taking it
for an un-authorized joy ride and damage something ?

I had to put my Corvair on a "non-op" registration here in CA, probably
just so CA can "pad its coffers" and keep track of what cars there are
out there ?

I just discovered something from GEICO about insurance rebates when you
do not drive your car ...  see separate email ...

Charlie