<VV> Insurance rebates when you do not drive your Corvair; rental coverage from Visa / MC ?

chaz at properproper.com chaz at properproper.com
Tue Apr 19 17:00:39 EDT 2011

I just discovered something from GEICO about insurance rebates when you
do not drive your car ...

I mentioned to my rep that I haven't driven my Corvair or my other car
at all (that is now "evidence" in my case against that mechanic) in
almost a year.

He asked the mileage, and said if I verify the mileage in near zero,
that they will refund aboiut 70% of the premiums that I paid.

I have collector plates, but do not have "collector" insurance (hence
not limited mileage, etc, although the plates have that restriction,
that I have not "tested" yet)

Maybe some of you may qualify ?

I would not have known about either if I had not mentioned it, and had
the rep not made the offer, hitherto unbeknownst to me !

(I've been paying premiums to "transfer" coverage to rentals, etc, which
I also found is covered on my Visa card, which is another tip that may
help someone ?)

Charlie