<VV> start solenoid

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Apr 19 22:25:10 EDT 2011

At 05:07 PM 4/19/2011, corvairduval at cox.net wrote:
>Jump the screwdriver between the large terminal the jumper cable is attache
>dto and the S terminal.
>
>Yes, step hard!
>
>I test all "shelf" starters this way.

If it's on a slick floor, sometimes stepping on it isn't
enough...  Red shop rag on the starter and I prop half my backside on
it.   It won't go anywhere.

If you do NOT hold it steady on the floor the starter WILL come alive
and become quite animated.   If at a show and the starter came from a
used parts vendor, the asphalt parking lot and my big foot works well
enough.   But on the shop floor at Rick's Automotive I'd sit on it or
kneel on it.

tony..