<VV> Oil Temps Re: Transvair installation

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 10:38:21 EDT 2011

Seth,

I HOPE you were using a fully synthetic oil !!!  Conventional oil  won't
last long at such high temps.

Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 8/10/2011 10:25:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

The  first trip I took with this combo - It was a 110HP P/G - was to the
1975 Corsa Convention in Seattle. We drove up Interstate 5 through
Redding,
CA  (115 degrees) staying the first night in Medford,  OR. I checked the
oil
in Medford and added a quart. I looked at the  filter installation and
noticed  that the Nylon washers were gone.  About six inches below them,
two little
puddles of yellow had hardened up.  That Nylon melts at about 325 degrees
or so -  I wonder how hot my  oil got during those climbs on Interstate 5.
Ouch!

Seth  Emerson