<VV> How often do you change your oil?

B Brewer bbrewertx at verizon.net
Sat Dec 17 17:40:49 EST 2011

I bought a 91 Jimmy in September of 92 with 23,000 miles. I change the oil every 5000 miles, use Castrol GTX 10W30 and Fram filters. It now has 344,000+ miles on it. The only problems have been a rear oil seal and the valve stem seals, it blows smoke when I start it. I follow the same schedule with my 02 Century. The wife would always wait until the change oil light on the 01 Alero, now my daughter does the same. I try to keep up with the wife's 09 Vibe and change it every 5000, it doesn't have a change oil light. With the little mileage the Corvair gets these days it gets a change once a year whether it needs it or not.