<VV> Vega (Astre) Praise

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 10:53:56 EST 2011

I purchased the Pontiac sister vehicle to the Vega, the Astre, in 1973, drove it three years and racked up over 60K miles, and like Bob, never did anything but routine maintenance. It was fun to drive, even on long (800-900 miles) trips. My three sons all refused to even speak to me at the time because as the youngest said, "It's a ____in' Vega." (BTW, he's now an excellent, certified mechanic!) Many of these writers, like Nader, have never driven the vehicle, have absolutely no first hand, hands-on experience, yet feel entitled to tear it apart because somebody else, perhaps who had a hidden agenda, again like Ralph Nader, made some disparaging remarks about it. IMHO, giving credence to writers like them is akin to believing every publicity seeker or politician who cries "Wolf" every time they need some attention.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert
Gainesville, FL