<VV> SHOP FLOORS Tim's ramblins.

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 16:04:48 EST 2011

because I really use the heck out of my shop , and i do not want any falls,
 i used an industrial epoxy floor put on by a professional outfit. i had
them add  a carbide surface for traction. my take on this floor is , it is
bulletproof ,  but extremely hard to clean. if doing it again , i might have
let them do it the  way they do in factories , but it was done just after my
wife took a bad fall on  someone else's new shop floor that "looked great".
so i overdid it. i do not  regret it , but look way ahead if you are building
a shop, predicting how much  very grubby work you will be doing. i have a
nice work space that is safe , not  a museum...now i had an offer to redo it
cheap , or free , if i get things out  of the way.  maybe someday. this
floor is much better than off  the  shelf stuff for durability. it  looks grubby
, but works for me. i  worry about guests and meeting groups not slipping,
so I did it safe! this floor  is @5 years old now. iron wheel jacks leave no
marks on it.
regards, Tim colson