<VV> Oil For Vairs

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Thu Feb 24 13:21:10 EST 2011

Smitty Says;     I believe the oil Matt is talking about at Wally World is
the Accel brand which is available in 10-30 and 10- 40  It has the extra
ZDDP for flat tappet cars.  I don't care if it doesn't make any big
advertising claims.  It meets API standards and will do everything I want it
to do.
While talking about API, I would like to mention that is the same standards
all the synthetic oils meet.  The one thing (let me repeat that) the one
thing that synthetics do better than conventional oils is remain stable
under excessive heat.  They are not any greasier. or more slippery or
capable of maintaing a film under pressure and better than conventional oils
that meet the same standard.  They don't keep combustion chambers any
cleaner as long as they meet the same standards for burning ash and
detergents.
One thing I can gurantee you is that the promotors of such oils are like a
bunch of religious zealots if you doubt their claimes of superiority.  I
guess I would too if I were paying through the nose for that questionable
superiority.