<VV> Multiplex in a 65 coupe

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jan 2 20:25:03 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/2/2011 3:46:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
carlton55 at comcast.net writes:

First,  good luck o finding a 1965 3 knob multiplexer! They are rarer than
hen's  teeth.

In 1973, a friend and I took a road trip up into Oregon to visit the  rural
autowreckers in search of Corvair parts. My friend had talked with  a
wrecker near Medford that had a 1966 with a "4-speed" which we  found to be a
3-speed - after we dropped it out! Arrgh! But as we walked  into the small
office, I noted a Delco multiplex unit on the radio stack. I  pulled it out and
paid $5 for it. It was a 1965 3-knob unit. I installed it once  with the
stock AM-FM, but replaced it with a 4-knob unit fairly soon. I actually  used
the factory front speakers and grills, but mounted them lower in the  door
panels (66 door panels with no pockets) and they looked like a factory
install. I liked the way the green light in the multiplex unit illuminated  when a
Stereo station was found.

Cool! - Seth