<VV> tires

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jan 4 21:30:12 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/4/2011 8:25:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
n5hsr at sprynet.com writes:

2.   Most tires are rated at 32 or 35 psi these days so you're going to
lose
about half your rating in front and 1/4 or so in the  rear.

Charles,

I've never heard or read that tire load capacity is proportionally related
to tire pressure.  A tire's pressure range is critical for load, bead
sealing etc.--but I've never seen any data that shows the load capacity  varying
by the direct ratios you quoted.  The load itself affects  pressure to some
degree.

Bob Hall