<VV> Electrovair-Chrysler Turbine-Jay Leno

Rodney Spooner rodneyspooner at corvairgarage.com
Thu Jan 6 14:25:00 EST 2011

The Electrovair I & II where prototypes from the mid sixties. Now the Prius,
Volt and others are coming of age. While they unquestionably reduce
atmospheric pollutants the environmentalist concerns are now focusing on the
long term environmental impact of the lithium batteries. The Electorvair
used standard lead-acid batteries which are not as efficient but use more
basic elements and are easier to recycle. And while electric vehicles are
heralded as the savior of the environment, has anyone factored in the energy
and environmental impact and economic cost that power generating plants will
incur as the result of the increased demand?

The Chrysler Turbine experiment was very fascinating.and still is to me.
There were certainly many reasons why it didn't work. When responding to his
critics about the light bulb, Thomas Edison is quoted as saying "I have not
failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Persistence prevails.

Jay Leno persisted and starting with a cocktail napkin built his 650 HP
bio-fuel turbine "EcoJet" with the help of General Motors' Advance Design
Studios.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/articles/jay-leno-builds-a-turbine-powe
red-biodiesel-supercar/

The down side of bio fuel is that the exhaust smells like fries and makes me
hungry. It also makes me wonder if Jay gets better mileage from
monounsaturated or polyunsaturated oil?

Going to veg out now.

Rodney