<VV> dual M/C

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 17:03:50 EST 2011

>I have to chime in on the dual M/C conversation ... but the pedal went
>to the floor ... the vendor ... said that is to be expected ...

David has done us all some valuable testing here -- what we need is some
one with a  stock oem Corvair Dual MC setup to do the same and report
their results.  Having has this happen personally, on a freeway off ramp
with a stop sign, and a 1-ton IH and large trailer, it still had brakes,
but not nearly enough (rear hose blew) -- God was looking out for me
that day -- there should be some residual braking effect.

David -- with both a front and rear bleeder screw open, what stops the
brake pedal at the end of the stroke, the cylinder or some artificial stop?

On the switches, they used to sell a little stop pin that one screwed
into the switch to keep the valve centered while you worked on the
brakes -- the idea was you install the pin first -- didn't work if it
was already tripped -- seemes they finally introduced a self centering
version, iirc.

Bill Strickland