<VV> Trailer Queen - was Heat/Defrost Repair

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 11:52:06 EST 2011

Thanks to one and all for your replys. I'll replace all parts with new or
quality used. (Anyone have controls for sale?)

Now, as for the "trailer Queen" idea, that was my original dream, and I've spent
ALOT of money pursuing it. But as I've gotten further into the process, I've
learned that may never be possible, at least not as a concours contender. The
drivetrain was replaced by a PO with a '65 unit; I upgraded to an alternator and
also installed a dual MC; the floors were all replaced with panels from Clarks,
with the exception of right behind the rear seat, which is not available and I
had it fabricated at a local shop here, but the welds underneath are sloppy.
It's gonna look SUPREME, body-wise, done by a master restorer body-shop, but not
with an original paint color. So, is there even a chance for this car to be
admitted into a concours event, let alone winning one? I don't know - you tell
me.

Overall, the car has become an albatross. I've owned it for more than three
years and driven it less than ten miles. I've paid for its' restoration as I've
gone along, but it's becoming a real financial strain right about now. But I
can't quit, I won't get any of my money back until I can get it finished. So I
keep pluggin' along. I said once before, it really was only a parts car that I
fell in love with and decided to resurrect it, and now I'm paying the price,
literally. OK, enough sobbing/whining for today. Thanks for listening.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert.
Gainesville, FL