<VV> Funky idle question

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Jan 12 12:49:14 EST 2011

I'd say the timing moving is at least part of the problem.  Does it still move with the vacuum disconnected?  If so, most likely the distributor shaft/housing is worn.  Also, when the carbs were rebuilt, did they get new throttle shafts too?  I've found that makes a big difference in idle quality.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  Kid cars: 00 Grand Marquis, 00 Miata