<VV> "RESTORATION vs FIX IT UP" my ramblins again

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 13:06:17 EST 2011

restoration is a very abused word , along with "tune up".
i restored a 62 vette to NCRS standards , a high point car in its first
show , and never enjoyed driving it again. in fact i sold it soon after i
realized what i had done.
now i am more careful of my dreams...
restoring a car means putting everything back to as close to original look
and construction as possible  (no improvements or mods), and is not as easy
 as it sounds.
i enjoy driving and using my corvairs. i enjoy adding a few modern comforts
 to them also. i enjoy trying different combinations of incorrect parts in
my  motors , and powertrains.
everyone has his goals and pleasures. when i see really nice cars in shows,
 i enjoy seeing properly done work right down to the correct hardware etc ,
but  say to myself , i hope he has a nice driver also , so he does not miss
out on  the fun of the hobby...
i have done a few real nice detail jobs in the last few years , but no
restorations to the letter.
regards, tim colson