<VV> "RESTORATION vs FIX IT UP" my ramblins again

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:26:36 EST 2011

Tim, I couldn't have said it any better. While my 62 will end up
looking original in the body/interior department, and mostly in the
engine department, it won't be, for the same reasons as yours. I want
a car that looks good and one I can reliably drive. But I want people
to recognize it as a 1962 Corvair 2 Door Coupe.

So, off went the generator and out came the points. (Both have left me
and my girlfriend now wife stranded with our first car in the
60/70's.)

The original cam gave way (not bad for 48 years, but only 69K miles),
so I'm upgrading this 62 102 YN block to a 64 110, mild ported, .040
pistons/cyls., Isky 270 cam, and already have 140 exhaust manifolds
and dual exaust on it. After the engine is broke in this spring, next
is the OBD II EFI and DIS I have been talking about, which I have
almost ready to install.

Half the fun is in the doing, the other half is in the driving and
sharing it with others as I drive it. I have no plans to recoup any of
the money I put into it. Its for me, and I'm worth it! :):)

I may even add A/C to keep my wife cool in the summer months. Mark Durham