<VV> "RESTORATION vs FIX IT UP" my ramblins again

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Wed Jan 12 15:58:19 EST 2011

AAAAAAAAA - men !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----- Original Message -----
From: N2VZD at aol.com
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:06:17 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> "RESTORATION vs FIX IT UP" my ramblins again

restoration is a very abused word , along with "tune up".
i restored a 62 vette to NCRS standards , a high point car in its first
show , and never enjoyed driving it again. in fact i sold it soon after i
realized what i had done.
now i am more careful of my dreams...
restoring a car means putting everything back to as close to original look
and construction as possible (no improvements or mods), and is not as easy
as it sounds.
i enjoy driving and using my corvairs. i enjoy adding a few modern comforts
to them also. i enjoy trying different combinations of incorrect parts in
my motors , and powertrains.
everyone has his goals and pleasures. when i see really nice cars in shows,
i enjoy seeing properly done work right down to the correct hardware etc ,
but say to myself , i hope he has a nice driver also , so he does not miss
out on the fun of the hobby...
i have done a few real nice detail jobs in the last few years , but no
restorations to the letter.
regards, tim colson