<VV> This would make autocrossing..........

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 21:28:32 EST 2011

Ken Block is an American drifter who ran some WRC events in  2010.   A bit
of a crasher he was, but started to get the hang of it  late in the season.
He just wowed the fans at the Goodwood Festival in  England recently in
that car.  That track in the video is Montlhery in  France.  Been around since
the 1920's  It used to host the French Gran  Prix.   Looks like the surface
is getting a bit rough these  days.

The great Italian champion Antonio Ascai died driving a very fast Alfa P2
GP car there at age 36 in 1925 on the 26th of the month.  His son Alberto
also became Gran Prix Champion in the 1950's but died testing a Ferrari at
Monza  at the same age 36 and on the 26th day (of a different month).  Odd
coincidence .   I also think I remember a top Lightweight XKE Jag  driver
getting creamed (killed) when a car came off the banking out of control  and
smashed into his car in the pits.  Forgot his name though.  (me  ole brain
fergits some of this stuff....)

Joe Dunlap
Florida