<VV> Fwd: FW: Not made like they used to myth

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Jan 14 09:41:31 EST 2011

We have been down this road before.  That '59 Chevy was pretty much state of the art in its day.  If that same test was performed between that '59 and a '39, the results would be about the same; the '39 would have suffered the same fate.  The point is 'State of the Art' is dynamic.  The very nature of engineering is to improve ... Neither the insurance industry nor the government deserves credit.  If anything, their poorly written requirements have delayed engineering improvements.

As far as the engine goes, the only sign I saw is the exhaust pipe.  There or not, how much difference would it make?  Peel the skin off the new AMERICAN car and one finds high strength steel [HSS] reinforcements that by their very nature act like spears entering anything they may encounter.

"I wish they would build cars like they did in the old days." Comes from memories of a time when living was at a slower pace.  Days when we did not have to sell so much of our lives to support our toys; a day when we had few toys and knew how to take care of them.  A day when we were not so intimidated by the complexities of life.
Ken P