<VV> funky idle opportunity

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 17:47:04 EST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: judynrandy at comcast.net
Subject: <VV> funky idle question II

Thank you for all the input about the funky idle.? The info has been forwarded to Ralph. (Sorry, he said he's not up forchanging his name !!!!)??? (:

?Since we already rebuilt the carbs, we figured the next step is to try another distributor.? If?that endeavor yields successful results,?he?wants to know where the BEST place is to get a rebuilt distributor.

Thanks again.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

I'd observe the dwell on the distributor that is installed. If it is unsteady ( more than a degree or 2 fluctuation ) then I'd expect to find a badly worn distributor shaft/bushings, also detectable and measurable by hand. I've had magnetically triggered motorcycle ignitions be impressively tolerant of several thousandth radial play, compared to points they replaced.