<VV> EM speedo driven gear squeal

Markpowhatan at aol.com Markpowhatan at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 12:33:01 EST 2011

Every couple hundred miles my 63 speedometer driven gear on the
differential begins to squeal loudly.  I have lubed the cable with about  everything,
and have sprayed lubricant inside the hole where the cable goes in  with
short lived success.  Should the bolt and retaining clamp be removed  and then
take the assembly out and lube it someway?  I "thought" the driven  gear
assembly ran in differential oil, or am I wrong?  Any ideas would be  greatly
appreciated!   Mark Francis    squeaky 63  Spyder in powhatan, Va.