<VV> Wiper Arm Location III

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 31 13:18:57 EST 2011

>The thought of having to reach up under the dash kinda ruins my day.

Sort of like the early  linkage being under the dash and the late being
in the plenum, I suppose what ruins ones day depends -- bad arms, bad
shoulders, bad eyesight, vertigo, and physically not fitting under the
dash all come to mind.

Given my choice, I'll pull the front seat(s), and either remove them
from the car or just roll them up onto the back seat, and viola! one has
a nice bed to lay on while looking at the underside of the dash.  Don't
have one of those nice carpet kits from a vendor?  Just unroll that
piece of carpet you've been saving and lay it out on the floor.  A floor
mounted gear shifter will get in the way a bit, but just lay lengthwise
with your stocking feet up on the rear seat -- great place to take a
nap, and if your wife is likely to think you are goofing off instead of
working diligently, take an old tie you no longer like, tie a couple
loops in the ends, and suspend your arms up under the dash -- if you
don't snore, it might fool some folks ...

Wear safety glasses if you start to spray lubricants up there, or just
in general don't like stuff falling in your eyes.

This is only two or maybe four bolts for an early bench seat, depending
on how many bolts you put back in last time the seats were out.

Bill Strickland