<VV> Sealing/locking the flexplate bolts

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 14:55:08 EST 2011

I haven't had a leak problem with these bolts, but I understand why it
might be a problem. I would still consider a locking compound for these bolts.
This past year, at the SEMA/AAIA show in Vegas, I saw a new product
obviously  intended for us lazy, bumbling mechanics. It is a new Loctite product,
essentially making their Blue thread locking compound and packaging it  like
teflon tape. It unrolls off the dispenser and wraps around the male
threads just like you would put teflon tape on NPT threads - but not as many
times around. It is a locktite tape!  Here is their on-line  description:

Loctite QuickTape 249 Blue Threadlocker

Loctite® QuickTape™ 249™ Blue Threadlocker, the first threadlocker in tape
 form. This medium strength, general purpose threadlocker adhesive is
designed  for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal
disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in
the  absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents
loosening and  leakage from shock and vibration

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose,  CA