<VV> RE; Conventions

AGrenonjr at aol.com AGrenonjr at aol.com
Fri Jul 8 21:35:11 EDT 2011

I've been to 4 National conventions Carslie 2003, Lexington 2004, Portland
2005, and Buffalo 2006. I thought that all of them were great! I wish I was
able  to attend the one in Detroit, and Ventura but I changed jobs and
don't have a  lot of vacation time now. Each convention that I have attended
have great. I try  to make the most out of each trip to get to see things in
the area and it's  great to see a different part of the country. I had the
best time at the Buffalo  Convention because I drove my Corvair to it, it was
over 500 miles each way, but  it was worth it. It was great to see where the
Corvair engines were  built. I know it takes a lot of work to host a
convention. I want to  thank each club that has held a convention  I can't wait
until 2012  when the Convention will only be 40 miles from my house. I have met
a lot of  great people at each convention and seen some great and unusual
cars and  trucks.

2 Years ago I went to the Detroit area Corvair's Home Coming, that was a
great  experience and I got to see a lot of automobile heritage, including
the R. E. Olds museum , the Chrysler museum, The Henry Ford Museum, The GM
Heritage Collection. What a great time I had. I also got to see the outside
of  the factory that the Corvairs were built in. Everyone should try to get
to  the Detroit Home coming as well as the national Conventions to help
support all  of our clubs and our great Corvairs and their heritage alive for a
lot  time.

Also a great experience is going to a Clark' Corvair Show at their
facility. The show is put on by Bay State Corvair Club which does a great job  with
that show, along with Cal and Joan Clark and their employees.
They are all wonderful people.

I hope to see you all at the 2012 Convention to Sturbridge Ma.

Albert R. Grenon Jr.
Somers, CT
1966 Turbo convertible
Member of CORSA, Bay State Corvairs, and  Virtualvairs.