<VV> Buffalo 2006 convention

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sat Jul 9 10:31:02 EDT 2011

I liked this convention.  I chose to stay about 10 miles south in a cheap
motel which suited my needs just fine for a third of the price.  I knew I
was relegated to a less than ideal parking space on a dirt lot under the
freeway.  No big deal.  The welcome party and valve cover races were on the
deck of a ship.  Perfect!  The concours was in a nice grassy park.  Perfect!
The autocross was at a race track where there was a concession stand and
bleachers to watch from.  Perfect!
The road rally was out in the country where it should be.  Perfect!
One of the best things happened later when the Buffalo convention crew met
our Detroit 2007 convention crew in a neutral location (Sarnia, Ontario,
Canada) to go over what they did right and wrong and get us up to speed on
what CORSA expects from a chapter doing a convention.  We didn't know we had
to provide CORSA a budget for every event/activity until this meeting!  We
were used to doing Homecomings with no budget, just spend whatever it takes
to make the event successful.  Thanks again to the Buffalo crew for giving
us a heads-up for our convention.
Clark Hartzel, DACC