<VV> GAS HEATER

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 12:30:00 EDT 2011

my thoughts on a used gas heater: most used ones fail to give you a couple
IMPORTANT parts , that if found at clark's or elsewhere are not cheap.  the
 fuel pressure regulator , a small brass tee with the center fitting
looking  different (has a spring and disc under it)  and the brass 4 way fuel pump
 "T". the current price for a rebuild "burner service kit" is now over
$100. you  really need to replace those small parts to operate safely, esp
ecially the  rubber shut off valve that goes behind the nozzle , and the little
screen hidden  under the gas input fitting on the burner head.  if the old
hardened up  decides not to shut off the fuel , exciting things happen. (been
there!!)
i love my gas heaters , but in the air conditioned early coupe the stock
heater works good after redoing everything carefully.
regards, Tim Colson