<VV> torch setup (Oxy-Acetyl)?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 10:28:02 EDT 2011

Thanks for the great replies on the torch setup all, this is just the kind
of info I was looking for (big vs. small tanks especially).  I had looked
around at my harbor freight and all I saw was oxygen and Mapp gas, and the
oxygen seemed kinda expensive compared to what some of you said.  I didn't
ask though, next time I will.

The purchase of the torches doesn't bother me much, I'm more concerned about
how much the refills will cost and it sounds like it isn't near as bad as I
feared.

I've got a friend with a little Mapp gas torch and he said even with the Oxy
hooked up it isn't all that great and the little tanks are not cheap to
fill.

Ray R.
Lake Ariel, PA