<VV> Late Model Convertibles

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 02:13:13 EST 2011

In a message dated 3/1/2011 8:36:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

I had  4  large adults in my 65 convertible the other day and noticed that
the doors  are hard to close. John,

How large were the  adults?  Your car may be fine.  If I remember
correctly
the max load is about 900 lbs.  And the doors act as stiffening   wedges
when closed with the jam plate and wedge on the striker side.   The
convertible may have simply been overloaded and not weak. Bob  Hall
In 1966-67 I ran a couple of dozen road rallies, a bunch of grudge-night
drag races and a half dozen autocrosses on semi-sticky (for the time)
autocross tires. By 1968, my 65 Corsa Convertible had hard-to-close doors  with no
adults in the car. Stress takes it's toll on the unibody, even with no
rust. Of course, if you managed to cram the defensive front four of the Green
Bay Packers into the car, you might be a little bit over that 900 lb limit.
Next  year, just the two tackles might exceed it! <grin>

-Seth