<VV> Broken Wire

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 18:43:38 EST 2011

Well, I got the starter wired up correctly, 'cause it spins the engine over just

fine; but I apparently have no fire! Before its' teardown, I had installed the
Ignitor II points replacement gizmo and replaced the coil with the requisite
Flame Thrower II as well. And I had them both working well together before the
engine was removed for some work. But when I tried to fire it up today, it
wouldn't do anything but spin. I checked the voltage at the coil and it was zip.
So, I got out the wiring schematic, which says the 12 volts to the coil are
supplied by a yellow/black wire from the wiring harness. Mine is a purple/black
but is broken off just behind the wiring harness connection just inside the
firewall.

So, what should it be connected to to provide the voltage to the coil?

TIA for your help.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert.
Gainesville, FL