<VV> EM rear wheel bearings-again

Ray Rodriguez III vairguy at echoes.net
Sat Mar 19 23:48:16 EDT 2011

Several folks have stated the grease fitting install is a bad idea.  How about a procedure for servicing the bearings?  I understand they need to be pressed back in?

The 63' is our only transportation till I get the 66' put back together (a few weeks) so I can't have it out of action for more than one day.  I guess the bearings will have to wait till then.

In case anyone is wondering the 66' is getting spring maintenance and I'm also fixing some things I did "quick fixes" on last season.  I just went through and adjusted the brakes, discovered a bent drag link and a bad tie rod end, installed new front brake flex lines, removed the entire interior to install FatMat sound deadener, did a quick repaint of my door jambs, and built a new custom fit speaker box for the package tray (still needs to be finished).  Next I need to finish the FatMat install, rewire the stereo system more neatly, improve my very custom "custom autosound" installation (I'll show pictures when it's done), redo the crinkle paint on the dash, replace the vacuum guage with a second temp guage (gonna need to find a thermister cheap unless I can save the one from my very rusty 140 parts engine), improve my custom front speaker installation, secure everything under the dash so there won't be any strange noises, repaint the engine lid and maybe the trunk jambs, and clean and reinstall my interior.... phew.  Next winter I hope to get a rotisserie and do the undercarriage.  She is a very nice "driver" now but I hope to make her a little better each year till she is in really tip-top shape.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
66' Corsa 140 coupe
63' Monza PG (winter driver)
65' Corsa 140 coupe  (under construction)