<VV> Further Problems - was Oil Issues

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 10:33:16 EDT 2011

In a message dated 3/21/2011 9:12:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
byron.comp at yahoo.com writes:

Thus the  question, is there any reasonable expectancy that I can retrieve
that
thing without removing the head? And regardless of how I get it out, what
do I
do now about the wallowed out hole? Can I re-tap it and somehow use  double
inserts? Is there a larger diameter spark plug that will work in  it? Or do
just bite the bullet and buy a new head?

It never  rains but what it pours.

Byron Comp
'64  Vert

Byron,

The quickest, cheapest way to fix this problem in my experience is to buy a
 good used head from one of the Corvair people in your area.  You might
want  to save the old, damaged head for future repair work (I have a stash of
such heads that will probably be recycled someday).  But it will be much
easier and quicker to swap the heads.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics