<VV> Corvair content, Really! (brakes)

William Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Wed Mar 23 14:02:18 EDT 2011

Two dual m/c converted failures in 20 years?  I have NEVER had a failure in a stock Single m/c system.  I'm not saying it can't happen, but I think if you do your due diligence maintaining your brakes it is unlikely.  The way I look at it, a dual m/c system just has more things that can go wrong.  Besides, I think the best safety equipment is the nut behind the wheel, and the more you insulate that nut from the possible consequences of his actions (by installing ever more "safety" equipment), the greater the chance that "nut" will fail to do his job.

Of course, now they are putting large touch screens in the dash to further distract the driver.....

Bill Hubbell