<VV> Corvair content, Really! (brakes)

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:41:46 EDT 2011

Problem here is that when my failure occurred the brakes were brand new...
on the car for only a day or two and I had just got done complaining on VV
that they were too tight even adjusted all the way in.  (FLAPS shoes).  The
answer I got was that the radius isn't correct on them.  Regardless they
were tight to the point of me being kinda worried about it at the time.
Also I pumped the heck out of the brakes, it didn't do anything at all, zero
action and almost zero pedal resistance they would not pump up.  (Just FYI
it was the front brakes that blew a line).

This brings me back to pedal height adjustment, I had not touched that until
recently.  Now that the pedal height is adjusted I will test as soon as the
snow is gone to see if it solved the problem.  It sounds like we have more
or less ruled out all the other possibilities to me, but I could easily be
missing something.

Ray "Grymm" R.