<VV> Another scam (If it sounds too good to be true...)

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 26 22:35:35 EDT 2011

We wanted to buy a certain Volvo XC90 used and started to look on Craigslist. Lo and behold we found a couple of very nice looking rides priced from 80-90% lower than other comparable ones as well as blue book values. We then found these same vehicles/pictures/sellers advertising from San Diego to New York City at the same time.I was bored and started to "play the game" with these sellers and told them I wanted to buy them but wanted to see the cars first or have someone I knew look at them in person. I heard stories from a "sick young child needed the money for surgery", "a young man needed to sell the car before being shipped off to a war zone", "a man wanted to sell it cheap/quick so that he could make an immediate donation to a charity",another one claimed he was a "court bailiff who was told by a judge to sell it just to satisfy an unpaid lien", etc. Of course they would not let me see the cars in person.
Still being bored I decided to call the police and inform them of this scam. The police informed me they don't have the manpower to check this out but if I thought it was a scam I should not send money. Good advice indeed.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado