<VV> PayPal "protects" buyers by taking it from the seller ! (a bit of Corvair)

chaz at properproper.com chaz at properproper.com
Sun Mar 27 00:09:50 EDT 2011

Did PayPal agree to refund **definitely** when you prove you returned
the items ?

Returning the items ~ which are your only "evidence" ~ may mean you are
out the money PLUS the items !

This happened in reverse when I sold a Corvair promo and the guy claimed
the package and model were damaged.

So, I said to go to the carrier, since they damaged it.

He then said the box was empty, and then claimed it wasn't what he
thought.

PayPal tried to take the money (that's how PayPal "guarantees" purchases
made by buyers : the just "take" it from the seller, without question,
and make the seller fight !)

That's also why PayPal REQUIRES sellers to insure packages, so that
PayPal can take youR money and you chase the insurer (good luck with
that !)

Charlie