<VV> Corvair content, Really! (brakes)

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Wed Mar 30 09:25:31 EDT 2011

At 09:15 AM 3/28/2011, William Hubbell wrote:
>Tony,
>
>You obviously did not understand my (admittedly obscure) answer
>about health insurance.

NO, YOU didn't understand MY question about WHY you have health insurance.

Because it IS insurance.

A dual MC IS insurance.

>Because my answer would be of a political nature and non-Corvair, I
>will not discuss it on this list.

Neither dual master Cylinders nor health insurance are political
unless some master cylinder decides to run for office or Anthem
starts campaigning.

>Suffice to say your argument comparing dual m/c to "health
>insurance" only strengthens my feelings about the issue.

OK, enough said about the matter.   I'll not remove the dual MC I
installed, however (Corsa).   And I'll not be retrofitting the
late-late 'Vairs here with single bowl MCs anytime soon unless I need
to.   And yes I check my junk here and I do hard-harder tests often
enough for the cars to rear up and ask me WTF.

By the way, the rustbucket '60 has fresh lines (well, two years old,
except for the one under the fuel tank and I inspected that one
CLOSELY when I had the tank out and it looked perfect) and hoses (1
year old) on it and it passed its hard-harder test last week.   It
does still have its original style MC because I don't have any
choice... unless I break out the welder and raid a parts car for some
trunk/firewall sheetmetal.   Besides, I just rebuilt the MC last summer.

The oldest Corvair here stops well, has good brakes.   No dents on
the front of it.

tony..