<VV> Corvaircraft : humidity and temperature in SoCal ?

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Sun May 1 15:16:11 EDT 2011

I can't say whether air speed will cause the high humidity and the
temperature close to the freezing point in this area of SoCal where the
crash occurred ?
Humidity is typically single digits here, and even in winter doesn't
increase very much (except it's the only time of year foliage actually turns
green, and stays green for any length of time.)

Temperature sometimes gets so low we have to run our AC off !

I don't know at what altitude this Corvair pilot was flying when it stalled,
but it didn't seem to be stratospheric ?

Of course, "wind chill" could be a factor, but I don't recall any report of
his air speed either ?

Charlie