<VV> Right fit for 61' 700 4dr corvair

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue May 17 14:49:33 EDT 2011

Short answer:

As long as you keep the overall tire diameter close to stock, you can use a 15, 16, or 17" wheel.  Ask your wheel supplier for a wheel that fits an "AE86" model Toyota Corrola, it should be offset inboard 15mm.  I bought a set of XXR brand wheels in 15x7, 4.75" backspace, with BFG 205/55-15 tires.  You may have to grind off the rivets on the front drums, on mine they interfered with the wheel.  You could get 16x7 and 205/45-16 tires that should fit well.

Long answer:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa