<VV> bearing noise in 1, 2 & 3, but not 4

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat May 28 12:46:52 EDT 2011

Transmission/differential oil level is correct? And what kind of oil are you using?
I believe it calls for 90 weight hypoid gear oil. 2 things come to mind as far as your noise. Is your pilot bushing in good shape and not binding on with the input shaft? Any idea about your bearings on the transmission countershaft? And yes, you can remove the trans only in the car. I think it is easier on the FC than the cars (more room). Let us know what you find. See you in Denver.
Timothy Shortle in (beautiful)Durango Colorado 81301
'63 Rampside with Powerglide